"Ladies say owwww..."
I have to tell you about the people in the studio. I spend at least 12 hours a day with them, usually upwards of 20. So they're pretty important.Jen is from FL, Ryan is from NJ. I hang out with them most of the time. We tend to think that most of the people in studio (317 and Degree Project) hate us because we're pretty loud and laughing most of the time. They both have a rather unhealthy obsession with Dale for reasons I don't particularly understand, but that's ok. Also, Jen drives me home late at night rather consistently, so if you like the fact that I'm alive, you should thank her for not letting me walk home alone at 4am. There's a lot more I can say about them, but it would mostly consist of jokes that no one else would understand or find funny (such as the title of this post), so I'll stop here.
Katie sits across from me. She's from a Dakota (South). She's pretty adorable. I haven't seen it myself, but apparently she built a lot of her furniture in her apartment and an entire set of pottery plates and bowls and stuff. I wish I were that cool.
Kyla and Katie are roommates, and it's pretty cute. Their third roomate is Megan, an MArch2, and that's pretty cute too, because they all seem to fit together very nicely. Kyla reminds me a lot of Karen from ARI, which is cool because Karen is pretty awesome. I don't really know why she reminds me of Karen. It's a general vibe, or aura, if you will. Now I'm just making shit up.
Christina has really nice calves and I'm jealous. She also has huge brown eyes and a really animated face that make her seem not as softspoken as she is. She's really sweet, and just cool in general.
Jamie has really great style. Her clothes always look really comfy yet chic. It's hard to explain. It's also not just about her clothes, but her general demeanor. She's really chill, and it's refreshing.
Andy is great because he likes to play. His T-square mutates into a guitar, a jackhammer, a machine gun, and a cane in a matter of seconds. It's fantastic.
Javier is our resident crazy. I usually have to tell him to do his work, as he procrastinates like nothing I've ever seen. I don't think I can explain Javier, because he's just too crazy. It's too bad really.
Tasneem is another really chill person. I realized today that the thing I appreciate most about her is that she's always smiling. It could be 4am and we're all toiling away, crashing, but she keeps her cool.
Danielle is a machine. She comes in and builds and builds. Nothing distracts her. It's unreal. As a result, she can leave studio at 11pm most nights, if not earlier. Damn.
Neil has a southern accent. It's cool, but he manages to turn "Texas A&M" into one syllable. Five into one. Everything he says is completely understandable until he says "Texas A&M". It's the most amazing thing I've ever heard.
Sung Il (Sung Izzle, the Illmatic) is from Korea, and he makes seriously sweet models. Javier and Andy have taken his name and made into an adjective, "Sung Illin'", meaning "cool, amazing, excellent".
That's Sung Ho's studio. However, we have an honorary member:
Tim is in Derek's studio, but he doesn't seem to like it there. He sits by us and not with them for some weird reason, but we like him, so it's nice. He also is a resident crazy.
Ok that's it. In a later post I'll elaborate on people not in 317, folks who are not in their first year.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home